Sweet Potato Smash
#GLUTENFREE + #SUGARFREE + #KETO + #PALEO + #WHOLE30 + #VEGETARIAN
Homemade #hashbrowns are quick, easy, & healthy! Sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes are more nutritious for you!
Hash browns that you buy that are frozen are not as healthy as you think. Unfortunately there not like most frozen vegetables, that get flash frozen as soon as there ready. Have you ever looked at the ingredients on the back? They have fillers + processed flours added to them. Yuck! It is super simple to make your own instead of buying frozen ones. The method I use in this recipe can be used for regular potatoes if your not a sweet potato fan.
#Sweetpotatoes are a #complexcarbohydrate, which means they keep you fuller longer + are easier to #digest then regular potatoes. They have more #minerals, #vitamins, + #antioxidants then white potatoes too! The high fiber content in them helps your whole digestive system stay healthy + feeds the good bacteria in your intestines. There are many other benefits from sweet potatoes like, reducing #inflammation, prevents dehydration, helps manage #diabetes, strengthens the heart, + can treat stomach ulcers. That's only naming a few! Impressive right?
This recipe is very #versatile, just like all my recipes. Whatever vegetables or spices you prefer, throw em in!
Sweet Potato Smash (serves 2-3)
Whats in it:
2 medium sized sweet potatoes diced
Half of a medium onion diced
Half of a bundle of asparagus diced
1 yellow bell pepper diced
1 avocado cut up
1 tbsp coconut oil
Spices: montreal steak spice, paprika, himalayan salt + pepper
How to cook it:
1. Dice up the potatoes, throw them in a big pan on medium-high heat. Put water in the bottom of the pan to slightly cover the potatoes + put the lid on. Keep checking the potatoes till their soft, adding more water as needed
2. Let the water evaporate once the potatoes are almost done with the lid off
3. Melt the coconut oil into the pan + add the rest of the vegetables + spices
4. Saute it all together until the vegetables are cooked + potatoes are crispy
5. Cook the eggs up however you want on a separate pan
6. Cut up the avocado + top the hashbrown mixture with eggs + avocado
**Nutritional values may vary**
DID YOU TRY OUT THIS RECIPE AT YOUR HOME?
If you enjoyed this recipe like I do be sure to leave a comment/review below or share it on Instagram + tag @koachkarlee.