Crock pot Indian Vegetable Medley
Easy recipe to prep in the morning or before bed!
#Crockpot recipes are the best! I really got into using the crock pot this year. Such a time saver when your #busy! Nothing like coming home to a hot meal that took ten minutes to prep in the morning or before bed! If you don't have a crock pot you could defiantly just do this in a large frying pan.
Remember, I'm all about using whatever you got in your kitchen. So feel free to switch out whatever vegetables you have, take out the chicken if your vegetarian, or add in more ingredients. Be creative!
If your ever unsure about how to sub-out ingredients or how to make one of my recipes but you don't have all the ingredients, I would LOVE to help you figure out how easy it is to make recipes without buying EVERY single ingredient. Shoot me an email at email@example.com or PM me on my Instagram @koachkarlee so I can help you with it!
Crock Pot Indian Vegetable Medley (serves 6)
Whats in it:
Half head of cauliflower chopped
One large onion diced
6 garlic cloves minced
Half of sweet potato chopped
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp grated ginger
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 cup of beef broth or 1 portion cubed boullion prepared
2 cups of chicken broth or 2 portions cubed boullion prepared
3 tbsp of corn starch (may need more)
3 tbsp of greek yogurt
1 tbsp of cinnamon
2 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp of tumeric + cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
2 cups of cooked rice
1 cup of raisins
How to cook it:
1. Add all the ingredients to the crock pot except for corn starch + the greek yogurt
2. Set your crock pot to low or medium depending on when you want it to be cooked (mine - low for 4 hours)
3. Once everything is cooked, take out the chicken breasts + shred them with a fork then add it back to the pot
4. Push all the ingredients to one side of the pot, then slowly add in the corn starch while whisking it into the liquid. Keep adding corn starch till desired thickness is attained
5. Stir in the greek yogurt
5. Top crock pot mixture on rice, raisins, + a dollop of more greek yogurt if you would like more